Homemade Green Ice Tea – Perfect Beverage for the Summer
Today I wanted to share the recipe for my summer beverage of choice: Homemade Green Ice Tea.
It is simple, fresh, refreshing and absolutely delicious. My version is a modification of the wonderful recipes found at Life Your Way.
All you need is:
- Water jug
- Loose leaf green tea (you can choose your own variety, this blend has rhubarb and sea buckthorn)
- Add about 5-6 teaspoons of your chosen loose leaf tea blend into your jug.
- Fill the jug with cold water. This step is key, the water must be cold, or you risk turning your tea bitter.
- Let it brew in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Use a sieve when pouring yourself a cup of cold, refreshing ice tea.
- You can refill the jug with water using the same leaves for up to 48 hours.
I find the tea incredibly refreshing, and with a hint of sweetness and fruit. Because of the cold-brew method it isn’t even slightly bitter.
Depending on your blend of tea, you might want to add some sweetener, but I don’t find it necessary at all.
In my opinion it is the perfect beverage for a hot summer day, and these days I go through 1-2 jugs of it a day.
I wish you all a lovely Sunday, and before I’d leave I’d like to share a few summery pictures of Denmark.