Spicy Primal Meatballs (Recipe)
I’ve made these meatballs a couple of times over the past couple of weeks, and they’re delicious. It’s easy to change the flavour by using different spices. You can also make a purely paleo version by omitting the cheese.
They’re delicious for a low-carb breakfast, protein-rich snack, on top of your lunch salad or with steamed or roasted vegetables for dinner.
- 450g (1lbs) of minced (ground) meat (I’ve used beef, veal/pork and I’m sure you could also use lamb if you wanted)
- 2 eggs
- 1 chopped onion
- 2-3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 50g (1.8oz) shredded cheese (can be left out for paleo meatballs)
- 1-3tsp chilli (depending on the hotness of the chilli, and your preferred level of spiciness)
- Salt & Pepper
- Chop the onion and cloves of garlic finely.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Spoon the mix onto a baking-sheet.
- Bake at 175°C (350°F) for 15-20 mins.