Paleo / Primal Quiche with Bacon Crust
- 4 eggs
- 250g of bacon (16 slices, ½ pound)
- 2 onions
- 5-6 plum tomatoes
- 1dl cream (0.42 cup)
- 100g of shredded cheese (3.5oz), I used cheddar
- Salt and pepper
- Chilli (if you like a bit of spice)
- Weave the bacon slices together to form the crust. Bake it at 200°C (390°F) for 10-20 minutes depending on how crispy you like it.
- Slice the onions.
- Chop the tomatoes.
- Sweat the onions at low heat.
- Add the tomatoes once the onion has gone soft.
- Whisk the eggs with the spices.
- Add the tomato and onion mix, and most of the shredded cheese to the egg mixture.
- Pour it over the bacon crust.
- Spread the last of the cheese over the quiche.
- Bake the quiche in the oven for 20-25 mins at 175°C (350ºF) until the egg mixture is cooked and the cheese has browned.
- If you like more of a set quiche you can use more eggs, but I like to get some vegetables in this way.