Pear & Crystallized Ginger Gingerbread (Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
This recipe is my variation on the genius 5 Minute Paleo Dump Bread from Whole Lifestyle Nutrition.
- 2 cups almond butter (or any other nut butter)
- ½ tsp Himalayan (or sea) salt
- 1 tbsp of mixed spice (could probably also use pumpkin spice)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (make sure it is real, Ceylon cinnamon)
- 2 cups shredded or finely chopped pears
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4-1/3 cup blackstrap molasses (depending on taste)
- 2 tbsp jaggery (or your sweetener of choice)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (I make my own)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (dumped on top of the baking soda, it’ll go fizzzz)
- 1 cup chopped crystallized ginger (or uncrystallized bare ginger)
- Preheat oven to 175C (350F).
- Mix chopped pears and (un)crystallized ginger in large mixing bowl, set aside.
- Dump all the other ingredients into a food processor – make sure to dump the apple cider vinegar on top of the baking soda.
- Mix using the plastic mixer (can also mix in a stand mixer, or in a bowl by hand or using a hand mixer).
- Pour the bread mix over the pears and ginger, and stir everything gently together.
- Pour the mix into a 9×5 loaf pan that has either been greased (use butter or coconut oil) or lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 mins, check to make sure it is fully cooked.
- Let it cool down completely before slicing and serving – delicious on it’s own, and even better with a pat of butter.